March 2017 – TPPL (Thin Plate Pure Lead) an Ideal Lithium Alternative in certain applications
EnerSys – The World’s No.1 manufacturer offers their range of TPPL (Pure Lead) Batteries.
TPPL (Thin Plate Pure Lead) batteries are made up of combinations of 2 Volt cells. The ultra-low ESR allows in excess of 200 cells to be put into series. The in-series blocks can then be combined in parallel, offering an almost limitless range of options to suit your power requirements.
Available as single cells (which Freeway can combine to your specifications) or in Monobloc series packs of 2,3 or 4 cells, we have combinations that perform on par with Lithium technologies.
Unless size and weight are your key design considerations, TPPL offers you power at less than half the cost of the equivalent lithium solutions available.
Advantages to consider include:
– Intrinsically Safe Design (no protection required)
– 2 Volt Cell capacities 2.5Ah to 25Ah
– Up to 700 cycles (more with voltage cut-off circuit)
– No Transportation restrictions (No UN38.3 needed)
– Operation from -65 to +85 degrees C
– Ultra-Low ESR allows up to 200 cells in series
For more information please contact the Freeway Team via the contact Tab at the top of this page
or call us on +44 (0) 1635 555 985 / mail firstname.lastname@example.org